Tuesday 30 March 2010

Manifest Absurdity: To Each His Own Dire Threat: Flag Burning or Sorcery

Copyright Sean McGrath from Quispamsis, NB, Canada


Bahrain has made its choice between two clear and manifest dangers to its way of life.  And, if I may venture an opinion, it seems to me that the Legislature has clearly chosen "wisely".

No doubt after careful weighing of the relative dangers to Bahrain, the legislature gave this issue the high priority they thought it deserved.    Next session perhaps they can begin the process for a constitutional amendment on flag burning.  One never knows if a witch or wizard might burn a national flag.

Since Bahrain long ago adopted the concept of a single regulator for its financial sector, I guess the Central Bank of Bahrain will be in charge of policing the banks where as far as I can tell the majority of sorcery on the Island takes place.  

There are quite some wizards who are capable of  turning lead into gold as they create impressive financial statements and flashy press releases from thin air.  Eye of newt, blood of a bat,  an honest man's tear, a dash of balderdash and one might just conjure up a proven business model.  There is also a highly effective potion that causes the appearance of demonstrable confidence of one's bankers and clients, in one's business plan and future though I'm keeping that secret for now as I don't want to find myself on the wrong end of this law.  I will, however, risk disclosing one key ingredient - two "non core" assets.    

How will the CBB enforce the new law?

Will it be a series of additions to existing Modules in the CBB's quite excellent Rulebook?  A specific penalty for sorcery added to Module PD ("Public Disclosure").  Another for Module BC (Business Conduct).  And so on.

Or an entirely new Module WS (Witchcraft and Sorcery)?

Just for the official record in the Kingdom, I ask this question because I'm not (definitely not) a wizard and so cannot predict the future.  Nor do I own a crystal ball.

No comments: