Monday 8 February 2010

The Market Speaks: SuqAlMal Blogspot Value Declared IPO Rumored to Be Planned


It's hard to put a value of the things one does.  And then self-valuation of assets is always a tricky thing and subject to all sorts of moral hazard.

Today someone pointed out to me that an independent source had valued Suq Al Mal.

As with all good leaders I "immediately sprang into action" to take decisive action to learn the value:  about US$175.20.

That may not seem like much, but as a good GCC investor I see the upside potential here.  

Under my downside case business plan at 84 million hits per day Suq Al Mal will be worth a cool US$20.2 million.  84 million would represent just 1.2% of everyone in the world visiting my site each day.

At my base case plan of just a modest 12% (clearly something quite achievable) SAM is worth US$202 million.

And finally the upside case  at 30% (I'm still the same old conservative AA) US$500 million.

Can an IPO be far away?  

Or perhaps a mudaraba with Rotana?  We can each contribute our assets and share 60:40 in the profits.

No comments: