Thursday 8 April 2010

The Benefits of Blogging: Recognition

When one is associated with a prestigious blog like this, it's only natural that there is an effect on one personally.  Recognition, fame and accolade follow in rapid succession.   

Yes, there are the awards - the tangible evidence of one's accomplishments.  As gratifying as these are, even more touching are the requests to provide guidance or help.

It's not been that long since Suq Al Mal was launched and already the process has begun.

Today I received an email advising me that
You were recently chosen as a potential candidate to represent your professional community in the 2010/2011 Edition of Distinguished Professionals Online.

We are please to inform you that your candidacy was formally approved March 15th, 2010. Congratulations.

The Publishing Committee selected you as a potential candidate based not only upon your current standing, but focusing as well on criteria from executive and professional directories, associations, and trade journals. Given your background, the Director believes your profile makes a fitting addition to our publication and our online network. 
As you'll note I've made it to the highly prestigious status of a "potential" candidate to represent my very own "professional" community as a "Distinguished" Professional.  And you'll note that I was not only selected by the Publishing Committee based on my current standing, but that the "Director" himself thinks my profile makes a fitting addition.

And to think I was flattered by two comments nominating me to the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board or Emcredit.  I'll bet Mr. Greenspan isn't in the Distinguished Professional Directory.  I seriously doubt if he was even a potential candidate.

As gratifying as that was, you can imagine how I felt when I found a personal email to me from  HE AlHaji Lamido Sanusi, Newly Executive Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria Head Office kindly inquiring about my health and apologizing for the delay in sending me the US$40 million that the CBN owes me.  All I need to do is send him my personal bank account details and the money will be on its way.  Of course he might ask for some money to cover expenses in Nigeria, but then one has to spend a buck to make a buck.

But that was not all, I also had an email from a nice young lady in Sierra Leone, the adopted daughter of a deceased head of state of another African country who needs my personal help in assisting her to secure an inheritance.  Once I send her my account details, I shall get the funds and will be allowed to keep 10% of the principal for myself plus 30% of the profit on the entire amount.  I'd reveal more but I am sworn to secrecy for security reasons and her future.

I really do need to look in my spam inbox more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Got the same email. I deleted it immediately upon reading the subject.